Laravel Developer – Contract (3 months – Starting in May / Early June 2022)
About Greenshoot Labs
GreenShoot Labs is a startup building the next generation of Conversational AI solutions. For real, just ask us about it!
Its open-source conversational AI platform, OpenDialog, empowers organisations to design, develop, deploy and improve automated conversations at enterprise scale. Through a ground-breaking approach to conversational application development OpenDialog supports sophisticated conversation design, integration with a broad range of NLP techniques and collaboration across the entire conversational experience team. OpenDialog is used by large enterprises and innovative startups alike, helping them re-define their operations through automated conversational experiences.
GreenShoot Lab is part of The Panoply – an AIM-listed technology services group with over 450 employees with government, enterprise and third-sector clients.
GreenShoot Labs is headquartered in London with team members spread across the UK and Europe.
About the role
As an experienced PHP developer, you will have a chance to work with a modern technology stack, solely focused on our product, OpenDialog. You will be part of a friendly and motivated top-performing team, giving you a chance to share knowledge with AI, NLP and software development experts.
You’ll work in close collaboration with the rest of the core OpenDialog engineering team to enhance the experience for our OpenDialog customers. This will likely involve building out capabilities for new conversational interfaces such as voice and other text based outputs.
We all looking for an initial 3-month engagement starting in late May / Early June 2022.
Important: The successful applicant needs to be able to work within the UTC +1 timezone alongside the core team. Please do not apply if you’re more than UTC +3hr / -1hr as all applicants outside of this will not be considered.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong software development background and experience with enterprise-level software development
- Great knowledge (4+ years) of Laravel and similar PHP frameworks, built on top of good object-oriented programming understanding
- Demonstrable experience of writing testable code and knowledge of PHPUnit or equivalent
- Experience in designing and implementing stable APIs and services
- Worked with multiple database solutions (relational and non-relational)
- Experience with varied software development architectures and methodologies
- Experience in other programming languages (ideally Python or Java)
- Experience with containerisation of applications in Docker (or similar)
- Familiarity with building conversational experiences – Voice and Chat – for systems such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Chatbot
- Fluent written and spoken communication in English
- Experience or strong interest in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
What to expect
Friendly Team, Interesting Work
- Work with a startup team to define a whole new era – the way we work is going to be heavily impacted by these technologies. We are building the tools for how work will be done in the future.
- Work with a team that values you and your time – we’re an experienced team working to grow a sustainable business.
- Work remotely – work from home or our offices in London.
- Small team backed by a big company – we’re part of The Panoply, a fast growing AIM-listed European technology group.
Get in touch via [email protected] with a CV and let’s start a dialogue